Comments temporarily shut off b/c we're neglecting the place and spam is accumulating.

The assorted meanderings, rantings, and pontifications of... us!

Topics may include, but will not be limited to: feminism, hockey, atheism, shoes, politics, fat acceptance, fitness, skepticism, dancing, introversion/HSP issues, and anything else that happens to be on my mind.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Procrastinating in fine form!

I've been wanting to have a blog for a while, but despite setting this one up over a week ago now, I have yet to write anything.

It's not for want of ideas. Here are some of the things I want to write about:
  • An article by Hugo Schwyzer about anti-feminist women that was actually the catalyst for me wanting to start blogging. What he was saying rang true to me on a lot of levels. But I thought if I was going to go on some kind of disjointed ramble of self-exploration, I may as well make my own space for it rather than take up his space.

  • A lecture I went to by Thomas Homer-Dixon - first I have to read his book, The Ingenuity Gap, but my partner is refusing to lend me any more books until I finish at least one of the ones I've already borrowed. Which means I'll have to finish either Moby Dick, A People's History, or some crazy-ass book about the neurophysiology of mathematics that gives me a headache every time I try to read the introduction, instead of pulp science-fiction.

  • A case of God Being a Dick that the Evangelical Atheist hasn't written about yet. I'm kindof peeved with ~I am~, because the realization that God is a dick was one of my first steps toward atheism, and here I thought I had some kind of original insight, and then I find out somebody has written a whole 16-part (and counting) series about it and I'm not original at all! I might be able to weasel out of this one by mentioning this case of dickishness to ~I am~ and then he'll write about it better than I ever could.

  • The teacher's strike in BC

  • An article I read about Eston, Saskatchewan, where a bunch of old (70ish) men posed naked for a fundraising calendar

  • Another article from today's paper about some dumbass doctor who thinks doctors should be recording their patients' waist measurements if their patients are overweight

  • Homage to the bloggers who inspired me to try my hand at this, because they're all wonderful and deserve to have wonderful things said about them

So that's plenty to write about right there. Now I just have to get off my butt and do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home